The 2019 Corvette ZR1 debut in Dubai a couple of week ago caused quite a ripple in the automotive universe. Not only did the reveal leave folks dumbstruck by the heavy artillery the new “King Of The Hill” brought to the party, but caused many furrowed brows as to why the car debuted overseas, in United Arab Emirates of all places.
Well, according to CorvetteBlogger and Lexington Community Radio, the ZR1 will make it’s debut stateside at the LA Auto Show sometime this week on Tuesday.
Until then here are the highlights of an interview with a fairly green, Lexington Community Radio host chatting with Bowling Green Plant Manager, Kai Spande.
Bowling Green update:
- Nearly a billion dollars invested in Bowling Green Assembly, which translates into 1.5 million a day for 100 days.
- The Corvette has been successfully “re-launched” on new line and all body panels are now coming off the the updated line
- 2019 ZR1 will be revealed in North America at invitation only event at LA Auto Show this week.
- Spande says that the ZR1 will begin production–as a 2019 model– in about three to four weeks after the January 29th, 2018 model changeover. Retail deliveries expected mid-March, 2018.
- ZR1 production will be limited to 2000 units for truncated 2018 production year.
- Although pricing has yet to be released, Mr. Spande speculated that a highly optioned Corvette Z06 can run as much as $120,000 and intimated that the 2019 Corvette ZR1 will be “up around $150,000…maybe more”.
Mr Spande and his wife had a ZR1 as a driver recently even using it as a grocery getter to stock up on Thanksgiving goodies. Ah, the perks of the gig…
Stay tuned to Corvette Online and Corvette Online Facebook for up to the minute details.