Corvette has found itself at the head of the pack again as the Official pace car for the 2018 Indianapolis 500 and will lead drivers to the green flag on Sunday, May 27, for the 102nd running of the legendary race.
This is the 15th time that a Corvette has served as the official Pace Car since 1978, when black and silver sharks found themselves leading the pack for the first time. The first Chevrolet to lead the group occurred in 1948, when a ’48 Fleetmaster Six convertible paced the race. No other vehicle has served as the Pace Car more than the Corvette.
The 2019 Corvette ZR1 Pace Car features:
• LT5 with 755 hp and 715 lb-ft of torque
• 8-speed 8L90 paddle-shift automatic transmission
• ZTK Performance Package
• Brembo® Carbon Ceramic brake system
• ZR1 chrome-aluminum wheels (19-inch front and 20-inch rear)
• Standard Performance Traction Management / Electronic Limited-Slip Diff
• Unique Indy 500 graphics package
• GM Design fully integrated safety strobe system
• Performance Data and Video Recorder
The race also will be televised live on ABC, with the pre-race show starting at 11 a.m. EDT. Advance Auto Parts IndyCar Radio will provide live coverage of the race to its affiliates and on Sirius 214, XM 209, www.indycar.com, www.indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR Mobile app.