Some days are worse than others, and some days just flat out suck. I bet when the owner of this green C3 Corvette woke up on the day this video was filmed he never dreamed that a bit of innocent burnout fun would result in the destruction of his pride and joy.
We came across this video on YouTube of this C3 at what appears to be an organized burnout competition. The driver starts chewing away at the rear tires with his supercharged Chevy mill under (and through!) the Corvette’s hood, giving the crowd a pretty good show. Everything seems fine… until a ball of flames shoots out from under the chassis.
The crowd screams as a few helpful guys scramble to grab a fire hose and a fire extinguisher to try to put out the blaze. Unfortunately their efforts to put out the fire with high pressure water are completely futile against the gasoline fueling the blaze, and they actually start pushing the fire towards the bushes on the side of the road. It’s unclear from the video as to what exactly went wrong, but whatever part of the fuel system failed it managed to keep supplying plenty of gas for the fire. As people will so often do, the crowd seems to disregard their own safety, and barely backs a few feet away from the barriers, to keep their front row seat to this Corvette owner’s tragedy in action.
ProTip: Plain water just pushes burning gasoline around...