When the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 debuted on the scene it came packed with 505 horsepower and 470lb-ft of torque. Sure it’s a step down from the 638 horsepower of it’s big brother the ZR1, but for a production model it’s still debated about being one of the biggest performance bargains at only a $74,000 asking price. As an option with the 2011 Z06, Chevrolet also announced the new 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.
This option would include a raised carbon fiber hood; black carbon fiber splitter and rockers; black wheels, mirrors and headlamps; leather and suede interior with body-color stitching and special badging. But it also came with the Z07 performance package that included Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control, and larger Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires. That’s all great, but the bad news was that only 500 carbon Z06 were going to be produced.
As much as we love the 2011 Z06 and the carbon edition, we can’t help but see videos like the one released from Hennessey Performance recently and not drool at the mouth. Hennessey recently released its official horsepower numbers for its HPE700 Upgrade for the 2011 Chevrolet Carbon Edition By Hennessey. According to their website the new upgrade that includes a TVS2300 supercharger system, will put the Z06 into the 700 horsepower range!
- TVS2300 Supercharger System
- High Flow Air Induction System
- High Flow Cylinder Heads
- HPE700 Camshaft Upgrade
- High Flow Fuel Injector Upgrade
- Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- Stainless Steel Mid-Pipes
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- 160 Degree Thermostat
- All Necessary Gaskets, Fluids & Hardware
- Professional Installation
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Hennessey Premium Floormats
- Hennessey Carbon Fiber Door Sills
- Serial-Numbered Dash and Engine Plaques
- Hennessey Exterior Badging
For more information visit HennesseyPerformance.com