Whether you’re increasing the horsepower of your C6 by putting on a nitrous system, bolt-on parts, or a power adder, a stronger torque converter is needed for your automatic transmission. TCI came up with a solution to the weak stock converter on the C6 by creating a StreetFighter converter for street and strip applications.
TCI StreetFighter Torque Converter For C6 Corvettes
Part Number: #242975
Street Price: $1,114.89
The added strength and reliability of TCI GM 6L80E StreetFighter Torque Converters are now available for C6 Corvette applications. Furnace-brazed components increase stall for better performance and add strength for higher horsepower and/or nitrous applications while the heat-treated splines and hub withstand harder launches off the line. The billet front design is strong enough for use with nitrous and other power adder options, while both that and the clutch assembly eliminate the chance of converter clutch slippage under heavy throttle. As with all TCI torque converters, the StreetFighter for C6 Corvettes also features the TCI proprietary HDT (Heat Dissipating Technology) Coating, which enables cooler temperatures and more efficient drivetrain operation. Every TCI torque converter is built to exact specifications and is Triple Tested during assembly. When considering a horsepower upgrade to the C6, this converter is a must, due to the weak design of the stock converter. Designed for street/strip applications and good for use with aftermarket camshafts, nitrous or other power adders.
Features & Benefits:
• Popular GM 6L80E StreetFighter Torque Converter now available for C6 Corvettes
• Designed for street/strip & benefits aftermarket cams, nitrous or other power adding options
• Furnace-brazed components increase strength for higher horsepower applications
• Heat-treated splines, sprag races & hub are capable of handling harder launches
• HDT Coating cools operating temperatures & enables more economical drivetrain operation
• Triple Tested during assembly to ensure performance