Lingenfelter’s Adjustable RPM Limiter is an adjustable, individual-cylinder rpm limiter that provides fast-acting, spark-based engine rpm-limit control so racers can fine-tune launches. It also features a Timing Retard function that can retard timing by up to 15 degrees.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE) offers the LNC-002, an adjustable rpm limiter for General Motors LS series engines that provides consistent launch rpm off the line in drag-racing and standing-start road-racing applications. The LNC-002 also includes a Timing Retard function useful in turbocharged, supercharged and nitrous applications.
“Our latest launch controller is a functional, plug-and-play product designed specifically for today’s racers,” said Ken Lingenfelter, owner, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. “The LNC-002 can be used as an adjustable, individual-cylinder rpm limiter that provides fast-acting, spark-based engine rpm-limit control. It also features a Timing Retard function that can retard timing by up to 15 degrees. The timing retard can be based off of manifold pressure for turbocharged and supercharged applications or can be time-based for nitrous oxide applications. It can also be used in combination with the launch-control function off the line in drag racing to build additional boost in turbocharged applications.”
Featuring a custom-molded, high-temperature glass-filled Nylon 6 enclosure, users have direct access to the launch-controller settings without having to remove a cover or access panel. The product’s rpm-limiter activation can be adjusted from 1,500 to 9,900 rpm in 100- rpm increments, and both ground activation and 12-volt activation inputs are provided for rpm-limit activation.
Additional product benefits include:
- 40-MHz 16-bit automotive-qualified processor
- Dedicated timers on each coil-drive circuit to keep timing accurate over the full rpm range
- Independent coil drives that provide Sequential Ignition Kill when rpm limiting is active
- Active clamps and optical isolation to suppress electrical noise
- Separate rpm x 100, rpm x 1000, Degrees and Rate switches for easy adjustment
- An analog-voltage-output wire to send timing-retard information to data-acquisition systems
(A second version of the launch controller, the LNC-003 (part number L460105297), is also available and provides two separate adjustable rpm limits but does not provide a Timing Retard function.)
The LNC-002 (part number L460095297) is designed for use on all GM LS series engines – LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, LQ4 and other Gen III/IV GM V8 applications – as well as GM V8 engines that use the same ignition coil system, including:
- 1997-10 Corvette (2009-2010 ZR1 Corvette requires custom wiring)
- 1998-02 LS1 V8-equipped Camaro and Firebird
- 2010-11 Camaro SS
- 2004-06 Pontiac GTO
- 2004-07 Cadillac CTS-V
- 1999-10 GM CK trucks, Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, H2, Sierra, Silverado and Avalanche (with the 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L engines). It will not work on 305 and 350 Vortec engines.
- 2003-06 Chevrolet SSR
- 2006-08 Trailblazer SS and other S/T body trucks with 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L Gen III engines