The boys at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering have been at the forefront of aftermarket General Motors performance since 1973. With the release of the 2014 Corvette Stingray they are padding their resume of awesomeness with a number of new performance packages targeted at the platform. From naturally aspirated to supercharged, there are six packages in all.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE) has released its expertly tuned performance package series for the new, 2014 Corvette Stingray, with power starting at 550 horsepower and reaching as high as 750 horsepower with forced induction.
The seventh-generation Corvette’s new 6.2-liter “LT1″ engine features technologies that include direct injection, variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation. With calibration of this all-new control system key, Lingenfelter engineers developed tuning for the C7 by relying on their direct-injected architecture expertise gained in-house through Lingenfelter’s 2014 GM truck program and through consultancy work for other OEM suppliers.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray is one of the most exciting new cars in years and the Lingenfelter team wasted no time in turning out a series of highly-anticipated performance upgrades that deliver uncompromising drivability in addition to horsepower,” said Ken Lingenfelter, CEO/Owner, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. “We’re privileged to have such talented engineers on our team, whose level of passion for performance drives them to produce reliable, road-ready systems.”
Complementing upgrades for the Lingenfelter “LT1″ Corvette Stingray will include higher-performance wheels and tires, higher-capacity brake systems, suspension upgrades and performance-oriented interior and exterior components. Tire offerings include an expanded selection of Continental Tire’s ExtremeContact DW line with popular Corvette tire sizes for the Z06 and ZR1.
“Lingenfelter has been known as the go-to source for new Corvette performance for nearly 40 years and that legacy continues with the C7,” said Lingenfelter.
- 376 ci N/A Engine Package — Rated at 550 horsepower; includes CNC heads and camshaft; keeps AFM and variable cam systems operational.
- 376 ci N/A Engine Package — Rated at 600 horsepower; includes CNC heads, aggressive camshaft and headers.
- 417 ci N/A Engine Package — Rated at 650 horsepower; includes the 600 horsepower package, a stroker crank, connecting rods and forged pistons.
- 376 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 640 horsepower; this is the base supercharger package installed on a stock engine.
- 376 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 700 horsepower; includes CNC heads, camshaft and supercharger.
- 417 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 750 horsepower; includes CNC heads, camshaft, stroker crank, connecting rods, forged pistons, supercharger and upgraded fuel system.