Think back just ten short years ago – wideband exhaust gas monitoring systems were expensive, bulky, and tempermental. Today, it’s not unusual to see accurate wideband systems like the AEM UEGO not just in race cars, but in daily drivers as well. AEM’s done it one better when it comes to keeping track of what comes out of your tailpipe with their new X-WiFi module that sends UEGO wideband data, plus the output from up to two EGT sensors, wirelessly to virtually any WiFi-capable device – iPhone/iPad, Android phone, or laptop computer, For hardcore tuning, there’s also a 0-5VDC output for data loggers or standalone engine management systems, and a USB port for hardwired data stream monitoring via PC.
Official Press Release:
AEM is pleased to introduce its X-WiFi Module, which allows wireless monitoring of real time exhaust gas data from virtually any WiFi enabled device.
WHAT IT DOES
The AEM X-WiFi is the complete exhaust gas monitoring and tuning tool, combining the legendary AEM wideband UEGO and up to two EGT sensors in one compact, easy to install module. On top of that, the X-WiFi displays accurate, real-time, AFR and EGT data in a user-friendly layout via the standard web browser on virtually any WiFi enabled electronics device such as the iPhone™, Droid™, and Storm2™. The AEM X-WiFi also offers a 0-5v analog output for use with data loggers and virtually any engine management system, such as the AEM EMS or FIC. Data stream output is included for PC viewing of AFR and EGTs via USB cable.
WHY YOU WANT ONE
Easy to conceal, yet simple to connect to wirelessly, the AEM X-WiFi system features a Bosch sensor with an accuracy of .1 AFR, making it among the fastest and most accurate widebands available. When used with the two K-Type EGT sensors, the X-WiFi gives fast and accurate reference to real-time exhaust gas conditions, for easy power tuning. With clean and easy installation and simple data viewing, the X-WiFi lets you monitor your Air/Fuel Ratio and EGT from a wide range of wireless devices and can be configured for either direct (adhoc) or network (infrastructure) WiFi communication. Bottom line, the X-WiFi is a must have for tuners and enthusiasts alike.
- Ideal AFR and EGT monitoring tool for EFI and carbureted applications, and engine dynamometers
- Does not oscillate AFR reading like narrow band sensors
- No laptop required for monitoring!
- Bosch sensor included
- Accurate to 0.1 AFR
- EGT sensors sold separately
- 0-5v analog outputs included (AFR, EGT1, EGT2) for use with data loggers and virtually any engine management system
- Data stream output included for PC viewing of AFR, and EGTs via USB cable
- Detects AFR sensor problems and outputs error values which can be used to deactivate feedback
- Reads EGTs from 0-1800F
- Reads Gasoline AFR values from 8.5 to 18:1 AFR
- Reads E85 AFR from values 5.7 to 12:1 AFR
- Reads Ethanol AFR values from 5.2 to 11:1 AFR
- Reads Methanol AFR values from 3.7 to 7.8:1
- Reads Lambda AFR values from .58 to 1.22