Saturday is final qualifying for all classes and there are some nice and fast cars here this weekend. Quite a few racers double entered today in the Tremek true Street class and Drag Radial and All Motor having some very good runs.
Keep it locked here as we bring you all the excitement and action here on LSXtv!
This 5th Generation Camaro out of Michigan driven by "Jungle" Jim Clark and owned by Bob Phelps is running on a hurt motor in the NMCA 5th Gen class. Their best pass to date with this setup was 10.22 at 123 up at Milan Dragway. They will be pulling the motor after this race. They are curently running an LS9 with Lingenfelter intake, throttle body and smaller pulleys for extra boost. They run a modified Blueprinted Tremec Transmission with Tubular Front K Member, Solid Axles and 9" Rear End.
Ebony - Has an N/A setup with 408 motor with 356 Transmission and 12 bolt rear end. Best Past to date 9.68 Ivory - Has a N/A 427 motor with 400 Transmission and 9" Rear End. Best Pass to date 9.66. Both cars have full OEM Interior and are foot braking running C Class in the LSX Rumble.
Chuck Stefarski out of Brunswick, OH and his Pontiac Transam has BBK Headers with Magnaflow Exhaust as well as LS6 �Intak, Arlid, and rear gear.This car has run 12.71 at 108.70 at last years NMCA/NMRA LSX Shootout at Indy.
- Mike Brown jumped way out front in Drag Radial improving eight tenths to a 7.092 @ 199.60 MPH taking overt the top spot from Essary, who also improved from a 7.60 to 7.43 @ 190.
- The order of All Motor is unchanged after two rounds with DeLaney and Massingill improving in ET. DeLaney is just ahead with an 8.376 @ 160 to Massingill’s 8.391 @ 162.
- Judson Massingill stepped up the SAM 1999 Camaro despite this crooked launch.
- Ronnie Hackelton proudly wears the number 3 this year after a good finish for the year end points in 2012. He has low ET and high MPH in 5th Gen Camaro running C/CAM.
- Thomas Calabrese is closest to his index with a 12.032 for G/CAM. He runs this 2010 Camaro SS out of Victor, New York.
Final Qualifying Results
Anthony Manna improved the front half in the final session knocking a tenth off his ET with a 7.364 @ 194.63. Manna lives in Elkgrove, Illinois and runs a turbocharged 434 ci inch engine in his 98 Camaro in Drag Radial.
Greg DeLaney led qualifying all weekend for team Baskin in All Motor. The order remains unchanged from round two.
Some LS racers did well in Tremec True Street today. Ont he left is Steve Balusik from Tarpon Springs who was featured here on Friday. He was late getting ready and wasn't able to hook up his nitrous. He improvised and short shifted the car while stuck with the timing set for the nitrous system and would up with a 12.00 average and the category win. Pictured right is Need2speed.com's founder Chris Brazel aka HAVOC He runs a 383 LSX from WCR with a plate kit and took the 9 second catagory with a 9.83 average.