SEMA 2013: Chevrolet Preview – Am I The Luckiest Guy At SEMA?
Put it all on Red!
Now if you know me personally then you know I’m a betting man and this year’s SEMA show is no stranger to my “all in” mentality. Not only have I been lucky enough to spend time with my friends at Power Automedia to shoot video interviews LIVE from the show, but I’ve also been lucky enough to host not only the Chevrolet Media event, but their booth inside the greatest trade show on earth.
Chevrolet has showcased their brand to represent performance, personalization, and capability and to help brand their latest moniker “Find New Roads” and to do it with a framed objective that includes a simple yet detailed plan to show the consumer that Bowtie fans have plenty to choose from in 2013 and beyond.
But it doesn’t end there. With a platform spanning everything from Sports Car, Truck, SUV, Drag Racing, Road Racing, Electric, Sport Sedan, and more – this may just be the most eclectic and fun-filled Chevy line-up yet. So here is a sneak peek “first look” at what Chevrolet is launching at the 2013 SEMA show. Look for more coverage from all the Power Automedia outlets as the show gets rolling, but for now lets get started with our Chevrolet kick off:
Brad Paisley Silverado Concept
- Custom-blended special exterior paint with Brad Paisley Signature graphics package
- Chevrolet Accessories 22-inch wheels custom-painted matte black
- Rear-seat entertainment system with Kicker 200-watt subwoofer and 200-watt DSP amp
- Anodized blue trim with custom seats with blue suede inserts and mystique blue stitching
- 2-inch lowered stance with brake calipers painted “Red Hot”
- Borla Performance Exhaust and chrome exhaust tips
The historic nameplate Z/28 makes its return to the Chevrolet Camaro lineup with a distinct mission – to prove that Chevrolet can once again produce the world’s most exciting pony cars, capable of performance that is world class at a fraction of the price.
- Unique front fascia with functional hood vent
- 19-inch x 11-inch front and 19-inch x 11.5-inch rear forged aluminum wheels
- 305/30ZR19 Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R Tires
- Flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob in suede
- RECARO Seats with microfiber suede inserts
- LS7 hand-assembled naturally aspirated small-block 7.0L V8 engine – 505 horsepower and 481 lb-ft of torque
- TREMEC TR6060 manual transmission
- Full Aerodynamics Package – large front splitter, fender flares, extended rocker panels
- Increased grip: the Z/28 is capable of 1.08g in cornering acceleration due to comprehensive chassis revisions
- Increased stopping power: Brembo Carbon-Ceramic Brakes capable of 1.5g in deceleration
- 2.75-inch exhaust with shorty headers
- Performance-enhanced stabilizer bars, DSSV dampers, control arms and suspension links and helical differential
Chevrolet Performance V8 Concept
- Aero package and accessories spoiler
- Blacked-out badges, mirrors and rear diffuser
- Body-color hood louver and grille in black
- Chevrolet accessories black 45th Anniversary wheels
- Hood wrapped with body-color stripe
- RS headlamps and tail lamps
- Chevrolet Performance rocker decal, windshield header, gill decals, body-color hood
- Chevrolet Performance armrest, door sill, ambient lighting kit and pedal kit
- RECARO Performance Seats with mojave stitching
- Chevrolet Performance instrument panel decal and sill plate
- Instrument panel, door, steering wheel and armrest with Mojave stitching
- Performance air intake
- 2.75-inch Z/28 exhaust and shorty headers
- ZL1 brakes
- ZL1 short-throw shifter
- Z/28 front ride link/handling
- Z/28 rear upper control arms, helical differential with internal cooling system
- Z/28 DSSV dampers, brake ducts and stabilizer bars
Being one of the lucky few to actually build a COPO motor at the Wixom plant only drives the nail home for my personal love of the COPO program. It shows that there is a true passion and love of performance at Chevrolet that burns true.
- Custom Ice-Blue Metallic exterior with 2014 COPO vinyl graphics with custom high-rise hood with cowl induction
- 2014 Camaro front fascia and rear deck spoiler with custom metallic base coat, satin painted underbody and engine compartment
- Lightweight racing aluminum wheels with rear radial drag slicks
- NHRA-Certified full chromoly roll cage, lightweight bucket seats with COPO embroidery and safety harness
- Custom floor-mounted shifter
- Specific instrument panel-mounted analog racing gauges with custom switch panel mounted in the instrument panel centerstack
- Engine: 350ci /2.9L Supercharger
- Optional Engines: LS7-based 427 naturally aspirated, 396 naturally aspirated, 350 naturally aspirated
- THM 400 3-speed automatic or 4-speed manual transmission
- Front Suspension: lightweight adjustable front struts
- Rear Suspension: multi-link, coil-over shocks, panhard bar and anti-roll bar
- Rear axle with aluminum center section, 35-spline spool and axles
Jeff Gordon SS Performance Concept
Being a long time NASCAR fan and a father, soccer coach and at times the local elementary schools car-pool organizer makes this SS concept more important to me personally than some of the others. Yes, I want performance, yes I want to be mesmerized by speed and great handling, but I also need room for the soccer gear and a occasional trip to Lowes so the idea of combining the upscale feel of a luxury sedan, a real rear seat with enough torque to melt a set of rear tires has me wanting this SS possibly even more than – dare I say it – the COPO.
You can only imagine what tuners will do with the SS platform in the future, look for more of this as the SS hits the showrooms around the country! Also worth noting my U8 girls ended up 9-1 for the fall season, can you imagine these nine maniacs inside an SS on a road trip to their next game?
- Unique exterior satin paint with Jeff Gordon #24 graphics
- Refinished 20-inch wheels
- Carbon fiber decklid spoiler
- Custom front grille treatment
- Retrimmed interior with perforated suede inserts and embroidered headrests
- Chevrolet MyLink1 with Navigation and premium Bose speakers
- Flat-bottom steering wheel, sport pedal kit, cargo net and a 360 safety system including rear camera, rear park assist and automatic park assist
- LS3 6.2L V8 engine – 415 horsepower, 415 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift
- Aftermarket lowering springs, performance tires, Borla Performance Exhaust, performance brakes
And now it’s time to talk seventh gen Corvette and the new Stingray is one of those cars that is just begging for a tuners touch that takes an already outstanding car to even more stellar levels and SEMA gives not only builders and tuners alike a chance to sprinkle their personal touches on the C7, it also gave Chevrolet a chance to bring three very special concepts to the SEMA party.
Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept
- Custom exterior paint featuring Corvette Genuine Accessories 19- and 20-inch wheels
- Large carbon fiber rear wing, hood with custom hood extractor and ground effects kit
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser, custom exhaust tips, front tow hook, custom front grille
- Custom front fender and rear quarter vents and yellow-tinted headlamps
- Custom-trimmed competition sport seats
- Racing harness and custom-trimmed flat-bottom steering wheel, seat belt bar and rear braces
- Corvette LT1 small-block 6.2L V8 with 460 horsepower, 465 lb-ft of torque with standard driver mode selector with five modes
- Standard 7-speed manual transmission – industry-unique Active Rev Matching and standard 4-piston Brembo Brakes
Corvette Stingray Atlantic Convertible Concept
- Blade silver exterior with carbon flash metallic front splitter and rocker extensions
- Carbon fiber hood, fusion gray Stinger hood decal package, fusion gray headlamp bezels, carbon flash metallic lower rear diffuser
- Corvette Genuine Accessories chrome 5-spoke wheels, 19×8.5-inch front and 20×10-inch rear, wheel center caps with Stingray script and underhood liner with Stingray Logo
- Fusion gray exterior trim kit: quarter vent, hood vent, fender vent, front grille and taillamp scoops, carbon flash metallic rear license plate holder, molded splash guards and windscreen
- Corvette Genuine Accessories
- Premium carpet trunk/cargo mat with Stingray logo
- Custom luggage, premium carpet floor mats, sill plates and embroidered center armrest with Stingray logo
- Sueded-wrapped interior trim package
- Corvette LT1 small-block 6.2L V8 with available performance exhaust – 460 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 465 lb-ft of Torque @ 4,600 rpm
- ZR1 Performance Package with 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission and 4-piston Brembo brakes
Corvette Stingray Pacific Concept
- Torch Red exterior with removable roof panel, visible carbon fiber with painted surround
- Carbon fiber hood and performance package painted satin black
- ZR1 rear spoiler and full-length racing decal package
- Corvette Genuine Accessories satin black with red stripe aluminum wheels, 19×8.5-inch front and 20×10-inch rear, wheel center caps with Stingray script, rear license plate holder, painted carbon flash metallic and custom-molded splash guards
- Carbon fiber interior trim kit, competition sport seats, flat-bottom steering wheel, premium carpet floor mats with Stingray logo, sill plates, cargo mat with Stingray logo
- Corvette LT1 small-block 6.2L V8 with available performance exhaust – 460 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 465 lb-ft of torque @ 4,600 rpm
- ZR1 Performance Package (larger wheels/tires/brakes/enhanced cooling/eLSD/dry sump oil system/performance gear ratios/ performance suspension)
- Aluminum frame structure, driver mode selector, 7-speed manual transmission with industry-unique active rev matching with 4-Piston Brembo Brakes
So there you have it, the Chevrolet SEMA preview you’ve been looking for – is it over, is it done?
Not by a long shot!
The vast array of Chevrolet and Chevrolet Performance news is only starting and with that I do have to say once agin how “lucky” one car-guy can be. That and you have not even got updates on the Urban Cool Impala, Tony Stewart’s Silverado, Tahoe Police and Black Concepts, the Suburban Half-Pipe or the Spark EV-Tech that pumps out 400 lb-ft of torque. Then there is the Silverado Z71 Firefighter and Black Ops and how can we forget about the Ricky Carmichael Sonic?
Needless to say this is only the start of the 2013 SEMA madness and once again I’m at the eye of the storm and would not trade it for the world – or my SEMA badge. Look for more from all the Power Automedia outlets as we descend on the greatest trade show in the world and bring you more SEMA coverage than ever before! Stay tuned!