SEMA 2012: Bilstein’s New Advanced Clubsport Line
For over 100 years Bilstein has been leading the industry in shock and damper technology in both the OE and aftermarket segments. The latest innovation, Bilstein Clubsport suspension, is a fully street legal, TÜV certified premium coilover suspension system that is designed for uncompromising performance for both racing and clubsport applications.
The suspension system combines Bilstein’s famous monotube gas pressure technology with the highest levels of engineering developed for motorsports and is derived from Bilstein’s race-winning Modular Damping System (MDS) product line.
The two-way damping adjustable system, complete with integrated reservoir, provides the necessary weight-saving advantage for performance use as compared to systems with external reservoirs. Independent rebound and compression damping can be easily adjusted by the two motorsports proven aluminum adjustment knobs, even when mounted on the vehicle.
Ten positive detent adjustment positions for both compression and rebound allow the setup to be changed quickly and precisely with out the need for advance tooling. With the 10 x 10 clicks, a wide range of handling characteristics can be dialed up in just seconds, for instant back-to-back setup and testing.
In combination with the supplied adjustable uniball camber plates, you can select the right setup for each track, weather conditions and vehicle weight. Driving conditions, driver feel and tire characteristics can also be changed using the camber adjustment and the 100 possible damping settings.
- Tested with World Champion Walter Röhrl on Nürburgring- Nordschleife: Approved by Walter Röhrl
- 100 damping variations that can be experienced and manually selected with tangible differences
- Adjustment knobs with clearly visible and distinct scaling, from 1 (soft) to 10 (firm)
- Clear click resolution and color-coding: red for rebound force, blue for compression
- Simple setup changes are possible while installed without the need for additional tools
- Includes uniball camber plates and shock mounts Reduced Weight and Installation Space
- Weight and Installation Space advantages thanks to integrated reservoir
- Quality racing springs made from highly durable material
- All spring plates and lock nuts are made from special aluminum alloy
- Aluminum uniball camber plates and shock mounts
- Aluminum adjustment knobs Technology
- More rebound and compression settings than any other BILSTEIN product
- 2-way independent adjustment of both rebound and compression damping
- Shock/strut bodies are finished using Triple-C-Technology® for long lasting corrosion resistance
- Street-legal: German TÜV certified
If you’re looking for a racing performance application that is also useable on the street – for more information checkout Bilstein online or browse the latest exciting news over at their Facebook page.