SEMA 2011: EBC Brakes Goes Blue
EBC Brakes, well-known for their color-coded performance friction compound offerings, has added another hue to the stopping spectrum with their new “Blue Stuff” pads. To review, the new compound joins EBC’s Green Stuff pads (an organic performance upgrade from stock compounds) Red Stuff (ceramic high heat) and Yellow Stuff (high performance street and limited track use).
Per EBC, Blue Stuff pads have a friction level of 0.7μ – while we have absolutely no idea what that means, they assure us it’s “huge and almost unheard of,” and we’re going to take their word for it. Other advantages include:
- Suitable for fast street and track use
- Good initial bite from cold
- Zero fade up to 1200-1300 degrees F
- Bonded with high strength chemical interlayer
- Wide aperture vee shaped dust/expansion grooves
- Huge lifetime even in race use
- Factory pre-bedded for fast break in
EBC makes every pad they sell, with a 200,000 square foot automated manufacturing facility in Bristol, England, and a 100,000 square foot warehouse in California, stocking every cataloged part.