Dart is best known in the industry for their high quality heads, blocks, and coatings. But race parts come at a higher cost, which is why a few years ago Dart released their budget line of parts called SHP. The first parts introduced to the SHP line were small block Chevy and Ford blocks, though don’t think budget means it’s bad quality, all Dart’s parts are stemmed from their top shelf race parts in a budget-friendly package. Even Dart’s short blocks are assembled in house along side their Pro Stock engine campaign.
New to the SHP line is a cast A356-T6 aluminum small block Chevy cylinder head that is designed to work with most off the shelf components, so you won’t need to worry about acquiring costly custom components. These heads come in bare or assembled packages in 180cc or 200cc intake port volumes. Assembled heads come with a 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valve with a 1.250 single spring standard.
Dart SHP Small Block Chevy Head Features:
• A356-T6 aluminum alloy
• Bolt on compatibility: Standard valve angle and spacing are retained to allow use of off the shelf pistons and valve train components
• Multi-angle intake seats and radiused exhaust seats dramatically increase air/fuel flow
• Hardened exhaust seats are compatible with unleaded gasoline
• Manganese bronze valve guides extend cylinder head life
• Machined for 1.250 or 1.437 diameter valve springs
• Straight spark plug configuration
Dart’s High Performance Assembly Lube is designed for mechanics and technicians to pre-lube bearings, cams, lifters, and valvetrain components. Specially formulated and produced in collaboration with Lucas Oil Products, this premium lube is ideal for new engine builds as well as rebuilding. The semi synthetic formula contains zinc, moly, and other high pressure additives which offer maximum protection during engine break-in.
Dart High Performance Assembly Lube will eliminate dry starts and prevent seizing, galling and scuffing. It is also useful to maintain protection of critical engine parts during long term storage, and is compatible with all common oils.