The key to making more power comes with being able to flow more air. If your air track becomes restrictive, or if your mass airflow sensor is no longer able to keep up with the faster airspeed, then you’re going to be dead in the water. One of those companies that has that handled is Granatelli Motor Sports.
We have the ability to convert 0-5 volt Ford sensors into frequency type, which can allow us to get the resolution down to one point for every ten RPM… if you wanted to.- JR Granatelli
First up is Granatelli’s mass air flow sensors. Available in frequency based for GM or 0-5 volt for Fords, these sensors can be calibrated for virtually any horsepower range. “You can always go with a larger MAF housing to gain back resolution on your MAF sensor, but if you are size limited, we can make a sensor for any application,” said JR Granatelli of Granatelli Motor Sports. “We have the ability to convert 0-5 volt Ford sensors into frequency type, which can allow us to get the resolution down to one point for every ten RPM… if you wanted to.”
- Direct OEM replacement, won’t void your factory warranty
- Improves mileage and throttle response
- Improves performance from 2,000 rpm to red line
- “Truly Calibrated” on our in-house MAF Dyno and Flow Bench to optimize performance for YOUR specific application
- Compatible with most electronics and aftermarket bolt-on performance equipment
- Installs in 10-15 minutes using basic hand tools.
Next up are Granatelli’s new billet MAF housings. While these products are so new that there isn’t much information on them, we can tell you they come in a variety of sizes. Can’t find what you want? No problem because Granatelli can custom make any housing size you want – including bolt-on or slip-style flanges. “A larger MAF housing is going to allow you to flow more air and gives you more resolution for tuning,” Granatelli said.