There’s a lot of data available through that little OBDII port hiding under the dash – pretty much every parameter the ECU looks at is available through it, if you have the right hardware. The Edge Insight certainly falls into that category – it’s a full-featured in-car digital display that works on both gas and diesel vehicles. It installs in seconds by plugging directly into that OBDII port, and has a whole slew of performance, safety, and diagnostic functions in addition to the ability to read and clear trouble codes.
The Insight is available in two form factors: The 2.4 inch Color Screen (CS) version, and the 4.3 inch Color Touch Screen (CTS) version. Both have the same capabilities, but the CTS, in addition to a larger touch screen display, also comes with a video-in port to connect to Edge’s optional back-up camera system as well.
But what if you want to monitor and display data that isn’t part of the OBDII stream? That’s where the EAS (Edge Accessory System) comes in. EAS allows multiple sensors to be daisy-chained together, bringing any 0-5 volt analog signal to the party, where it can be displayed on the CS or CTS. Up to 10 universal sensor inputs can be chained in any order, with two sensors each for a total of 20 channels of additional data that can be monitored by the Insight.
- Designed to work with any late model vehicle with an OBDII port
- Built in safety features with audible alerts for user-defined peak values
- Functions as a scan tool to read and clear trouble codes with full text descriptions
- Performs and records 0-60 and quarter mile times and graphs performance
- Includes Maintenance Manager software to allow users to set preventative maintenance reminder intervals
- Internet updateable