Break Your Engine in Right with Red Line
The most crucial part of an engine’s break-in period is getting the rings and camshafts cycled in properly. Red Line has designed a Oil Break-in Additive designed specifically to help you do that. As with all break-ins, Red Line suggests that you use a conventional, non-synthetic oil as synthetic oils can be too “slick” for break-in purposes. The Red Line additive will treat up to 12 quarts of oil, so sell the other half to a buddy that might be building an engine too. Red Line suggests to run a vacuum gauge on your new engine. In most circumstances, once the engine stops creating additional vacuum, that means your rings are seated properly and your engine is ready to go.
The main factor that the break-in oil is designed for is to properly season your camshaft(s). The additive includes ZDDP, which is not found in the majority of engine oils on the market. The anti-wear additives like zinc and phosphorus are necessary to protect against camshaft and valvetrain damage.
• Reformulated for improved frictional properties
• Special detergents for improved lubricity and less detonation
• Polyol ester base stocks provide more stability and film strength when exposed to excess fuel dilution
• Each of these products has no less than 2200ppm of zinc and phosphorus for antiwear
• Each race oil product is a multi-grade, offering 2-4% more power than oil of a similar viscosity – 20WT is a 5W20, 30WT is a 10W30, 40WT is a 15W40, 50WT is a 15W50
• Improved protection at startup, lower oil temp, cleanliness
• Remember to change these oils more frequently than regular motor oils