PRI 2012: Pertronix Adds Noise With New Electric Exhaust Cutouts
For many, Pertronix has become a one stop store for everything headers. Home to Doug’s Headers, Patriot Exhaust Products, and JBA Performance Exhaust, Pertronix has created an avenue for a consumer to find the exhaust that fits their budget. But what caught our eye at PRI 2012 wasn’t their extensive line of headers, but rather their redeveloped Stainless Steel Electric Exhaust Cutouts new for 2013 available through Doug’s Headers.
“By redeveloping our cutout not only were we were able to make them a lot smaller but we also shaved about $200 off the price,” explained Greg Raymond of Pertronix.
By redeveloping our cutout not only were we were able to make them a lot smaller but we also shaved about $200 off the price – Greg Raymond
These new cut-outs feature a rugged gear reduction 12 volt DC motor and a rotating gate for a leak proof seal every time the cut-out is opened and closed. Unlike butterfly style cut-outs the Doug’s cut-outs don’t have the leaky gasket sound and when fully opened there is no exhaust flow obstructions.
Raymond explained to us that the key was in the new spring bearings, “In the fully closed position these spring loaded bearings apply pressure against the plate which creates really what is the only leak free system on the market.”
The electric cutouts are available in 2.5 and 3 inch exhaust pipe, and are available in a kit, or you can purchase them individually.
- 304 stainless steel construction
- High Torque 12 volt DC gear reduction motors
- Self adjusting, self cleaning gate for leak proof seal.
- Zero obstructions when fully open
- Harness pre-wired for easy installation
- Reduced size permits greater installation options
- includes wiring harness, gaskets and hardware
- Cutout kits included y-pipe and band clamps for simple installation.
- Cutout kits include U-pipe & band clamps for simple installation
The electric cutouts are available now in 2.5 and 3 inch exhaust pipe, and are available in a kit, or you can purchase them individually.