“When you talk about fluid transfer systems and fittings, you generally want to limit the chances of leaking. That’s what we offer. Our couplers offer less opportunity for failure in the system,” says Jiffy-tite‘s Duane LaFleur.
Once thought of as a product for the high performance crowd, Jiffy-tite’s quick disconnect fluid fittings are frequently finding their way into OEM automobile manufacturers’ inventory. “We’ve seen the OEM teams design fluid systems with our products from transmission couplers to power steering and fuel systems,” says LaFleur.
It’s no secret that Jiffy-tite’s quick connect fluid fittings make changeovers a breeze and when it comes to transmission swaps, the time investment can be significant, especially in a racing environment. OEM manufacturers have also come to the conclusion that reduced maintenance time saves money. When an automobile comes back for warranty service, the quicker a repair can be made reduces the amount of maintenance time and associated costs.
Jiffy-tite's quick-connect couplers come standard with a self-sealing valve but the couplers are available without the valve as well.
LaFleur explains how Jiffy-tite’s quick disconnect coupling saves time; “Because the fittings are self sealing and connect and disconnect in seconds, there is no need to drain the fluid. Simply disconnect the self-sealing quick-connect fittings and the job is done with no leaks or mess. Unlike the traditional threaded fitting set-up, our couplers allow technicians to connect or disconnect the lines in seconds with no tools.”
Features and Benefits of Jiffy-tite’s quick-connect fluid fittings:
- Lighter and more compact than comparable quick-connect designs
- Compatible with most fuel, oil and coolant fluids
- Connects and disconnects without any tools
- Fail safe shut-off features available for increased safety.
- Low resistance flow design maximizes performance while minimizing size of connections and tubing
- Reliable, durable, corrosion resistant materials: 6061-T6 aluminum, brass valves and stainless steel ball bearings
- Wide variety of interchangeable adapters enable use in most applications
- Replaces Any Fitting in Any Location
- 100% Leak Tested
- 360° Swivel
- Black and Gold Anodized
According to LaFleur, “Jiffy-tite makes a full line of quick-connect fluid fittings available for virtually any fuel, water, engine or transmission oil system on the market today. They are the fastest, most secure fittings in the industry and are NHRA and IHRA approved and SCCA accepted.”