Crate engines are nothing new, but in the last few years they’ve become quite popular in nearly every type of build. As mom and pop machine shops have dried up around the country, builders and customizers are increasingly turning to crate engines for their horsepower solutions. Today’s crate engines, in many cases, even come with warranties that rival the engine warranty on a new car, making them that much better suited to a street car build.
BluePrint Engines brought out some big guns at this year’s PRI show. The company has introduced a new line of Pro-Series engines, which promise to offer affordable power to their customers.
Horsepower ranges anywhere from 525 to 815 with the big-block Pro Series engine options. Each engine is built with new components and assembled by an individual engine builder. Base engines come as a long block ready to accept your intake, carburetor, and distributor.
Dressed engines are also available and come ready to install in your street rod, show car, musclecar or track warrior right out of the crate. Sweetening the deal even further is the fact that BluePrint offers an unprecedented three year or 50,000-mile warranty on the Pro-Series engine family.
BluePrint was on hand displaying their all-new big-block Chevy block. This block is not a reconditioned or machined used block, it’s an all new casting engineered and built to BluePrint’s exacting specifications. These blocks will be available to customers soon as well. With prices starting at $1,999, it’s hard to beat the value offered by these new blocks.
Pro Series Engine Features:
- 525-815 hp available depending on engine
- Each engine hand-built by a single engine builder
- Small- or big-block Chevy or Ford Windsor
- Ford displacement 427
- Chevy small-block displacement 427 or 454
- Chevy big-block displacement 509, 540, 572, 632
- Dressed ready to run or base available
- Three year, 50,000-mile warranty
- Dyno tested before shipping – dyno sheet included
Big-Block Chevy BluePrint Block Features
- New block engineered to BluePrint Specifications
- Bore spacing 4.250 or 4.600 available
- 9.8- or 10.2-inch deck height available
- Price starting at $1,999
These and other exciting innovations are coming our way for the new year from the crate engine pros over at BluePrint – stay tuned to the BluePrint website or right here for more details.