Here’s a stat for you: Moroso says they’ve added more than 135 new products to their catalog for 2012, and the printed version is already as thick as the Henderson, Nevada white pages (ProTip: If you were born after 1990, the “white pages” was a way to convert forests into overflowing landfills via an outdated-the-moment-it-was-printed list of phone numbers). If you’re building a car for the street, road course, or dragstrip, chances are better than ever that Moroso’s got something in their inventory that will make you faster or at least save you some trouble in the shop.
Take that electric water pump above, for example – it’s the newly revised piece for small block Ford applications. Their previous version was good, drawing just 7 amps and pumping up to 21% more water in the real world than competing units, according to Moroso. How do you make it better? Lighten it up, of course, and make it so you can clock the outlet!
The new tri-lobe dry sump pumps from Moroso (silver finish) offer important advantages over the previous design (on the right), which itself was an upgrade from the pump that came before. “Good enough” rarely is when it comes to racing, and Moroso constantly seeks to improve their products whenever possible.
Tri-Lobe Pump Features:
- Tri-lobe aluminum scavenge sections featuring individual timing gears to ensure proper clearance at the highest RPM’s
- Spur gear pressure section based off Moroso’s highly successful billet wet sump pump design
- Variable spring rates optimize your oil pressure for smooth, reliable oil pressure readings
- Multiple #16 scavange outlet options for increased flow back to your dry sump tank and/or fitment requirement on your application
- Pump weighs almost half of gerotor pumps, and takes up to 40% less power to drive
- Custom pressure section sizes for increased efficiency with different pump speeds
- Door car and dragster brackets available, includes all necessary fittings
We’re just scratching the surface here, so be sure to visit Moroso’s new products page to see all the fresh goodness…