Our optical distributors was introduced in the Daytona 500 in 1998, and we’ve won many championships since that point with our distributor design
Crane offers different choices with their line of optical distributors within the motorsports arena. These are used by not only dirt track and asphalt teams, but also Sprint Cup teams take advantage of the benefits the distributors offer. But what people often forget is that Crane also has this technology available in a street/performance application.
When we stopped by the Crane Cams booth at the 2011 PRI show they reminded us of their Pro Curve Billet for Street use. On the side of the distributor is a switch that can will allow you to activate 27 different timing curves. “You could drive around the street with the advanced curve, then go to the track and make a few passes with the locked out timing,” Johnson told us. “Then when you leave you could change it back to the advanced curve and drive home.”
The Pro Curve is ideally suited to street use, and because of its digital design and rugged construction, the unit is maintenance free. Just like the motorsports distributors, it’s optically triggered and has a timing accuracy of within ± 0.5° all the way through the RPM spectrum. Both large and small cap models are available for most Chevy, Ford, Mopar engines.
Pro Curve Billet Street features:
- Optically triggered for precise timing accuracy.
- Billet lower housing from 6061 T6 aluminum.
- Stainless steel photochemically etched trigger disc for precise timing.
- Adjustable, sliding collar. (GM models)
- Small and large cap versions for your application.
- 27 Advance curves programmed in and switch selectable.
- Heavy duty spring clips on large cap models.
- Ball bearing and bushing supported stainless steel shaft.
- Complete with gear and ready to install.
- High quality cap with all brass fittings.
- Magnetic trigger output.
- Maintenance free!
For more information on the Pro Curve Billet distributors visit Crane Cams online. Whether it’s for motorsports or for the street, they’ve got you covered.